Pinguicula zecheri

From: Sundew (sundew@mitmania.net.au)
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 23:28:25 PST

Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:28:25 +1100
From: "Sundew" <sundew@mitmania.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pinguicula zecheri

Dear all
I have a _Pinguicula zecheri_ that has a solitary flower at present, & it
is very breath-taking. Last Autumn it flowered for the first time, but
this year the flower is a great deal larger, with more frilled edges as
well. My wonder is, how large do fellow cultivators find this species'
flowers to actually get? My plant was a baby seedling when acquired in
1998, so will it mature further, with slightly larger flowers? The flower
only opened up on Thursday 2nd December, so it has been growing in overall
size since then. The last few days have been quite warm, in the high
twenties to 30 degrees celcius. At present the total flower measures 4.5
cm wide, by 5cm tall.

Lastly, when was this beauty first discoverd, & by whom?

Regards

Nathan J. Clemens

sundew@mitmania.net.au

Bowral NSW Australia

"If you believe in the light, it's because of obscurity...."
Father X , Exorcist, Church of Notre Dame, Paris