Frozen tropical Drosera

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 14:09:54 PST

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:09:54 -0700
From: "John Green" <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Frozen tropical Drosera

How well do tropical drosera bounce back from being lightly frozen? The
other night I left my plants outside and woke up to frost all over
everything. I normally leave them out as long as I can, only bringing
them up to the covered patio when it gets close to freezing, and then
bringing them inside once winter arrives for good. The Sarrs and VFTs
weren't even fazed but my D. capensis plants don't look so good. Also
frozen were D. aliciae (not too bad, though), D. binata, and some
pygmies (they really don't look too good!). What are the chances that
I'll be replacing them in the spring?

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah - first real snow on the mountains yesterday!