re: membership selfishness

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 12:49:21 PST

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:49:21 -0500
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: membership selfishness

I wrote:

>I have several very serious CP grower friends who are no longer
subbed to >this list because most of the messages aren't of interest
to them.

The John wrote:

>That may be the case but what about the beginners and those
genuinely seeking >knowledge?If these 'friends' have this
attitude,that they are only interested >in themselves then the list
is probably better off without them anyway(did >anyone notice they'd
gone?).

This is absolutely not true. These people are far from selfish -
they are just very busy. There is only so much time in the day. If
I had to make the choice between taking care of my plants and
reading or scrolling through messages that weren't of interest to
me, I'd chose the former. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Matt.

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]