Freeze Dried Insects for CP feeding?

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 11:00:24 PST

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:00:24 -0500
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Freeze Dried Insects for CP feeding?

I've been keeping my CP in nearly sealed terraria for years where
they have never eaten. Some of them grow very well under these
conditions, others grow well but I think could do better. I have
decided it's time to feed some of them. I went to a local pet store
and they had some freeze dried flies or other small insects which I
believe they sold as reptile or amphibian food. I was going to buy
some but got scared off when I read the label. Apparently, the
manufacturer adds plenty of vitamins and minerals to these dead
insects which are good for the animals eating them. My question is
could these vitamins and minerals be harmful to CP? I dont recall
what the additives were but perhaps someone else reading this could
provide an educated answer? Thanks,

Matt

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]