Vine weevils

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 13:22:24 PST

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:22:24 EST
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Vine weevils

>The short of it is that she recommends manual removal of the bugs, and not
biocontrol or pesticides.

Fraid its a bit difficult when the little buggers have eaten the roots of a
Sarracenia and have burrowed into the rhizome.
Is there a reason for the non reccomendation of pesticides or is this person
going thru the 'I'm a hippy and I luv the earth' phase <grin>
A practical solution to vine weevil / grub infestation would be most welcome
and would probably earn that particular student grateful thanks (as well as a
job) in later life.
As a pointer , I think any solution that involves nukes MIGHT just work.

All the best
John Wilden
Southport
Lancs