Benomyl Health Hazards / Regular use of chemicals on new plants

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 12:59:07 PST

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:59:07 -0500
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Benomyl Health Hazards / Regular use of chemicals on new plants

I've seen people on the list mention potential health hazards caused
by Benomyl but never saw any specific effects listed. Now that I
have found a small supply of Benomyl, I plan on purchasing and using
some of this stuff. What health risks are there assuming it is used
properly? I was also thinking about submerging newly acquired
plants in a solution of benomyl and malathion for 30 minutes or so
and then rinsing plants well to prevent any unwanted "guests". Or
would there be better chemicals for such treatment? I don't know
exactly how some these chemicals work - could someone possibly
provide a list of which ones are absorbed by the plant and which
ones work on contact with the pest? A better understanding of how
these products work would be great (though this is only my opinion,
of course).

Matt

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]