Dormancy?

From: John (vwfixer@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 09:06:25 PST

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:06:25 +0000
From: John <vwfixer@mediaone.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dormancy?

Hello group,

        Several weeks ago I put my outdoor flytraps and sarracenea into
the 3 tier, 4 fluorescent tube each, lite stand I got for last
Christmas, to winter over on our enclosed front porch. The porch is
rigged to blow indoor air into it if the temp drops below 60. I
decreased watering to not until saucers dry out, decreased lite to 10
daytime hours, but yet the flytraps are going gangbusters with growth
and the sarr. are putting up new shoots like they have no thought of
going dormant!
      Is this a normal faze or should I take out every other lite and
close off the porch from the house and let it go COLD. Also, some of the
sarr. are being covered with a very fine white powder which wipes off
OK, and having no sign of pests.
     Please help my plants over come my best intentions.

Thanks

John Mumma