Richards unusual utrics -STRIATULA

From: Pierre GELINAUD (piilou@hop.multimania.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 04:10:33 PST

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:10:33 +0900
From: "Pierre GELINAUD" <piilou@hop.multimania.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Richards unusual utrics -STRIATULA

Hi,
I've just bought a small u.striatula in Japan where I live. I don't know
much about it. There are two books (in Japanese) with nice photos and
information. In fact not so much information; in one Loyd has spoken of they
just show 2 nice photos but no information on this specy. This book is
Shokuchu shokubutsu, shurui to saibai (Carnivorous plants, species and
cultivation), Shokuchu shokubutsu kenkyukai(Research Association about
carnivorous plants), Tokyo, 1996, ISBN4-416-49600-1.
The other one is from Gakusaburo YAMAKAWA, Shokuchu shokubutsu (Carnivorous
plants), Hoikusha, Tokyo, 1997(second edition), ISBN4-586-50446-3. In this
one there is one photo, plant description and where it lives, asian
countries from India to Borneo and Philippines and in Africa too.
Climates are from subtropical to tropical in this part of the world. So I
don't think it doesn't like heat, perhaps not too warm and too dry (air).
You can find books' description on my site and later (few weeks to few
months) some photos and information if I succeed.

Pierre Gelinaud
http://www.multimania.com/piilou/
http://www.ii-okinawa.ne.jp/people/a-miya/
piilou@pop.multimania.com