D. adelae

From: Marcus Rossberg (Marcus.Rossberg@phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 10:28:51 PDT

Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 19:28:51 +0200
From: "Marcus Rossberg" <Marcus.Rossberg@phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. adelae

I've been to a local flower-shop two weeks ago to get a bunch for a
friend, and to my surprise I found that they had not only some VFTs but
also one single D. adelae. It was dried out, looking a little like too
old lettuce. So since they sold that rather large plant for the price
of a glass of beer I decided to try to save it from sure death. I sat
it in a cup of water and it worked! :)) The other thing is that I got
about a dozent (!) pygym drosera for free with that D. adelae.I will
seperate them in the next couple of days, I think, and start guessing,
what I have got there. I don't have a clue yet - it will be hard work,
I guess. I will try to get my hands on Allen Lowrie's books, any other
tips? Now, what puzzles me is, that the D. adelea has not yet
reproduced its glue. Is it still too weak, so that I have to wait for
new leaves? Or may humidity be too low? I once heard (wasn't that on
this list?), that some people mist their sundews, what I have never done
before. Would this perhaps encourage glue-production?

Greetings to y'all

Marcus