Nepenthes giveaway

From: mp (pmalouf@iamdigex.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 18:06:31 PDT

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:06:31 -0400
From: "mp" <pmalouf@iamdigex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes giveaway

This is addressed to enthusiasts in the contiguous 48 states of the
US.

Once again I have Nepenthes plants to give away, nothing exotic or
special, but decent plants that a beginner or novice might like to
grow. The intent is to provide good starter plants to interested
beginning enthusiasts. I do NOT want these plants resold; it would
violate the spirit of my intentions.

The only catch is that interested parties must pay the shipping
costs--the plant itself is free of charge. USPS Priority Mail is
the way I prefer to ship, and the cost is usually $3 plus $1 for a
box (if i can't find a spare box at work).

Interested parties should reply directly to me at:
pmalouf@iamdigex.net ; specify which plant you're interested in.

I will ignore replies posted to the listserver. One plant per
person, please.

Here is a brief description of each plant. Pot size is given for
information only---plants will be shipped without pot and planting
media.

1) N. ampullaria, rooted cutting, 3 leaves with the largest being 5",
one pitcher 0.75", planted in a 4" square pot.

2) N. (unknown hybrid), rooted cutting, rosette 10" across with 6
leaves, two 2" pitchers, planted in a 4" square pot.

3) N. x mixta 'superba', rooted vine, 12+" across, 6 leaves, two upper
pitchers, planted in a 4" square pot.

3) N. x mixta 'superba', rooted vine, 10" across, 5 leaves 1 upper
pitcher forming, planted in a 4" square pot.

4) N. x mixta 'superba', established plant, two basal crowns
growing, 3 leaves on each crown, leaves 6", 1 small pitcher forming,
planted in a 6" round pot.

5) N. maxima x bongso, from tissue culture, 3" rosette, 6 leaves,
planted in a 3" dia. styrofoam cup.

6) N. maxima x bongso, from tissue culture, 4" rosette, 6 leaves,
planted in a 4" square pot.

7) N. maxima, from tissue culture, 5"rosette, 5 leaves planted in a 3"
styrofoam cup.

8) N. veitchii, from seed, 2+" rosette, 5 leaves, planted in a 4" square
pot.

9) N. veitchii, from seed, 3" rosette, 4 leaves, planted in a 3"
styrofoam cup.

Regards,

Perry Malouf

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]