Re: Content of 3 Lowrie books?

From: Bryan and Leslie Lorber (bllorber@wcvt.com)
Date: Sun Sep 19 1999 - 17:49:51 PDT

Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 20:49:51 -0400
From: Bryan and Leslie Lorber <bllorber@wcvt.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Content of 3 Lowrie books?

Hi Andrew:
I got my Vol. 3 from a dealer in Australia, "Florilegium". Even after
paying an outrageous sum for "economy air" it was still about $15.00
U.S. CHEAPER than Amazon.com!! There is also an excellent bookseller in
Germany you might try.( I imagine that shipping would be much less from
Germany to the U.K. then from Australia). I lucked out with Vol. 2. I
got a nice copy through a used book dealer who didn't realize the demand
for Lowrie. Forget Vol. 1, unless you are very lucky. I found a copy but
the thief wanted $350.00 U.S. for it!! A bit rich for my blood. BTW,
does anyone know why, given the demand for Vol. 1&2, the publisher
doesn't reprint them? I would think it would be a quick sellout. If you
want more info. on the above mentioned book dealers, email me and I'll
dig up their URLs, addresses, etc..
Best Regards,
Bryan