Re: Anyone interested in a Canadian CP resource page?

From: Chris Teichreb (cjteichr@sfu.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 11:05:41 PDT

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:05:41 -0800
From: Chris Teichreb <cjteichr@sfu.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Anyone interested in a Canadian CP resource page?

Hi Tim,

        Good to see you survived your summer up north :-)!

>I was looking at the CPUK page and was wondering if their would be any
>interest in a canadian equivalent? I will only pursue it further if there
>is enough interest, so email me if you have any ideas, suggestions or
>expertise to contribute (or if you think that it's a ridiculous waste of
>time).
>
>Regards.
>
>tim.
>
>------------------------
>Tim Malcolm
>malcol01@camosun.bc.ca

        What? You don't think the PNWCPC is broad enough and organized
enough ;-)? I think one of the reasons that the CPUK is successful is
because there's as many cp'ers there as in Canada, but in a very small
geographical area, making getting together for meetings easier. Also,
dispersion of plants gets harder the further away people are. For example,
if as a club we were to order a bunch of plants from a nursery, and you
volunteered to send them out from Victoria, there are cp'ers up in
Whitehorse, Ontario, Quebec, and the maritimes for which priority shipping
could be extremely expensive.

        Anyways, from my private posts to you Tim, you know I'd be the
first to jump into a project like this if there is enough interest. I just
think that we may be spread out too far and too thin to make it successful.
Perhaps a newsletter and/or seedbank might be the easiest route. Again, if
you think there's enough interest, contact me personally and I'll give some
hints and tips I've learned from organizing the PNWCPC meeting.

Happy growing,

Chris