Nep.Questions

From: Robert Briggs (hypno@axs.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 09:09:08 PDT

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:09:08 -0500
From: Robert Briggs <hypno@axs.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nep.Questions

Hi, list!
I'm not real good at communicating, so please, bare with me.

I managed to cross my: - N.Gracillis x N. Bicalcarata (Spelling)
                                   with my
N. Redlanderi - (N.Anamensis x N. Northiana x N. Maxima)

The ovarys on the female plant are now swollen, but what I need to know is...
What's the best way for me to germinate the seeds when ready?
What medium do you guys use for your Nep. seeds?
How long will it take the seed cases to ripen?

I know, "any good book will tell me!" but there are so many professional
Nepenthies growers on this list, I though this would be a much better
resource.

BTW. Has anyone ever heard of this cross? (N. Redlanderi) It seems
pretty rare. If not, I think I may have a new cultivar here.

HELP! I've never grown Nepethies from seed!

Hypno@axs.net

"Hypnosis: The bypass of the critical faculty
of the conscious mind and the acceptable
establishment of selective thinking apon the
unconscious mind."