Re: Lithrops ( sorry this is off-topic )

From: Sean Barry (sjbarry@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 19:59:54 PDT

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 19:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sean Barry <sjbarry@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Lithrops ( sorry this is off-topic )

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Amy E. Ritchie wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm sorry that this post is way off-topic, but I know that alot of people
> that keep CPs also keep cactus and succulents.
> I was wondering if anyone out there could sell any lithrops ("living
> stones" - they're a type of succulent) to me.
> I just can't seem to find many people selling these.

Amy--

You should consider subscribing to Cacti_etc, the cactus/succulent
equivalent of the CP list. Cacti_etc is run from the same listserver that
hosts the CP list. To subscribe, mail to listproc@opus.hpl.hp.com with
the message

                subscribe cacti_etc <your name>

You might also check out the Cactus and Succulent Plant Mall
(http://www.cactus-mall.com/index.html), which lists quite a number of US
mail order cactus/succulent nurseries, many of which sell Lithops (and
Dinteranthus, Conophytum, Argyroderma, etc). One mail order outfit that
specializes in Lithops and other mesembryanthem plants, but is not listed
on the plant mall, is "Living Stones Nursery" in Tucson
(http://www.lithops.net) (standard disclaimers). Good luck--remember not
to water your Lithops from the time they finish blooming until the
following spring when the old leaves have dried up.

Sean Barry