D.graminifolia leaf cutting success

From: Pitcher Plant Killer (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 11:33:17 PDT

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:33:17 GMT
From: "Pitcher Plant Killer" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D.graminifolia leaf cutting success

This is old news but, at 'Nando's request, I wanted to let you all know that
D.graminifolia leaf cuttings definitely is a viable means of propagation.
When I had this plant in the mid 80's, I'd take cuttings from mature plants
and secure them atop dead sphagnum with cheese cloth and place them in a
plastic baggie, under lights. I'd usually get at least 2 plants per leaf
and growth was a lot faster than a batch of graminifolia seedlings I am
currently raising. It's too bad this plant never has many active leaves -
surely leaf cuttings stress the plant and should be taken sparingly.

Happy growing! :)

Matt