Soggy bog photos

From: Steve Hinkson (sphinkson@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 15:12:30 PDT

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:12:30 -0700
From: Steve Hinkson <sphinkson@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Soggy bog photos

Ok Steve:
Please post your photos, so we all can appreciate your wet duty
sacrifices !
Steve

I threw caution to the wind and fell face
first into the sphagnum with my camera. I should have a shot of the
flowers of U. minor rising up out of a sea of D. intermedia. For
which I got very wet. But it was worth it :-)

And later, because we didn't find what we were looking for at the
first site (bog orchid, Hammarbya paludosa), we stopped at
another, even wetter site and not only found the bog orchid but, to
end the day on a high note, my colleague found a large colony of
Pinguicula lusitanica, in perfect condition and full flower. So I
dived
on my face again (this behaviour is very difficult to explain to
passers-by, spouses, etc).

--
Drop by and see me at :
 http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/6811