Re: Orthene on Nepenthes

From: Malouf, Perry (Perry.Malouf@jhuapl.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 06:03:04 PDT

Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:03:04 -0400
From: "Malouf, Perry" <Perry.Malouf@jhuapl.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Orthene on Nepenthes

A few days ago someone made an inquiry regarding the use of
Orthene on Nepenthes. I tried to respond but I don't think my
reply was posted. Here's another attempt.

I have used Orthene on Nepenthes with complete impunity. Used
as directed, it has killed any bugs on my Nepenthes and the plants
do not seem to be adversely affected by the Orthene. I use Orthene
only when pests are apparent. One application takes care of the critters
and I won't see any more for many months--5 or more. Note that I
have not had to use Orthene more than 3 times per year maximum,
usually I get away with 1 or 2 applications per year.

Regards,

Perry Malouf