How to get Ping. x 'Wesser' to flower?

From: Steve Hinkson (sphinkson@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 13:51:07 PDT

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:51:07 -0700
From: Steve Hinkson <sphinkson@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: How to get Ping. x 'Wesser' to flower?

Hi Andrew:

Usually, failure to flower in a healthy plant is due to insufficient
light. Try some direct sun (if you can find it in the UK ! *wink*)
Just as your other response in "digest 1898", mine flower most of the
year. But I live in the desert, and there are VERY few cloudy days. My
cp's get full sun (except Nepenthes).
Hope I helped...
Steve

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of insight in how to
get Pinguicula x 'Wesser' to flower?

I can seem to grow pretty much any CP but I am a complete duffer
when it comes to Pings - I just can't seem to keep them alive!

At the moment I only have one P.x'Wesser' and, so far, it seems
healthy but will not flower. It is in a bright but shaded area with
a clear propagator over it in my bathroom. I don't leave it
standing in water, I just add some overnight about once a week and
remove the remainder in the morning. The compost remains damp but I
never have it waterlogged.

At the moment it is producing nice healthy leaves regularly but so
far no flower.

Any advice?

Regards,

Andrew Bate Worcester, UK