Use the Trading Post!

From: Mike (mvogl@webaccess.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 19:44:51 PDT

Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 20:44:51 -0600
From: Mike <mvogl@webaccess.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Use the Trading Post!

Hello all-

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I have become increasingly
annoyed lately by the frequent postings that are either requesting or
advertising plants for trade. It is even more annoying that they often
have titles like "Nepenthes needed", giving them a very demanding tone.

I am sure that you all know how difficult it is to find enough time for
e-mail, and while I enjoy this digest very much it is frustrating when I
sit down to read it and many of the messages are simply requests for
plants.

The point of a digest is to discuss topics relevant and interesting to
ALL users; begging for gifts of specific plants definitely does NOT meet
that requirement. I would like to make a respectful request that people
keep trade requests and advertisements to the CP Trading Post, which is
designed for just that and works quite effectively.

Thanks-

-Jonathan Mitchell