Algae in rainwater

From: Philip Semanchuk (mrbones@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 1999 - 13:53:00 PDT

Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 16:53:00 -0400
From: "Philip Semanchuk" <mrbones@mindspring.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Algae in rainwater

> I noticed that the rainwater I have stored has started to turn green from
> algae growth. I wonder if that would be beneficial (or detrimental) to
plant
> growth. Any ideas, anyone. Angie Nichols, SC.

Hi Angie,
I've had this happen too, and in the little that I've used such water I've
noticed no effects one way or another. If I get a lot of algae in the water
I try to scoop it out and throw it on the garden instead of in my CPs. Like
Charles Brewer, I keep tops on my rainwater buckets but I do it to keep
mosquitoes out. I still find some algae in my water, probably because the
buckets are white and let a lot of light in.

Hope this helps,
Philip
URL du jour: http://www.pobox.com/~good.night.irene