RE: New to group

From: Tom Massey (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 07:46:08 PDT

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:46:08 -0400
From: Tom Massey <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: New to group

Well, thats what I get for sending something to the entire group when I
meant to reply to the author of the letter only. Yes, TN refers to the
state of Tennessee, and HA refers to the state of mind. UT, on the other
hand, while sometimes referring to the state of Utah, in this case stands
for the University of Tennessee, NCAA national champs in football - take
that you Seminole fans! - and the University where I obtained my Ph.D. (and
my wife).

Oh, and NCAA is a strange quasi-governmental cabal determined to
simultaneously drain the simple joy from those participating in athletics
while increasing higher education's dependency on it. Or something like
that.

Tom in Fl.

I beleive TN and UT are references to the states Tennessee and Utah in
the U.S.A, 'HA!' is just the text version of a chuckle:)
Nile

Nile Smith
nxs@postmark.net

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Seos_mac_C=E1rthaigh?= wrote:

> Hi lads,
>
> erm, where are TN, UT and HA?
>
> thanks
>
> Seos
>
> > Ron:
> >
> > As a native of TN and a one time resident of Knoxville (UT alum)
welcome