tropical drosera (germination time)

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 11:35:18 PDT

Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 20:35:18 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: tropical drosera (germination time)

Hi,

How long time should I expect it to take for seeds of tropical drosera
to germinate? I'm not so interested in how soon they can germinate, but
rather the longest time you know of. The reason for the question is that
I have limited growing space, so I'll need to know when to give up on
the seeds that I've sown.

Any info on how to transplant woolly drosera plantlets safely would be
appreciated? Does D. ordensis have a very short germination time
compared to other species of the petiolaris complex? I've planted seeds
of the Kununurra form and they germinated in 12 days, but still no sign
in the lanata and falconeri pots after 4 weeks.

Has anyone used "shock treatment" (increasing/decreasing:
temperature, water or light) to trigger germination in seemingly
"dormant" seeds?

Thanks in advance,

--
Christer Berglund