Re: Homeworkers Needed !

From: Rand Nicholson (writserv@nbnet.nb.ca)
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 19:25:33 PDT

Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 07:25:33 +0500
From: Rand Nicholson <writserv@nbnet.nb.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Homeworkers Needed !

>* If 3.000 people told us they wanted to start working from home
>and we sent out 3.000 packages free to every one. And then half
>of the people decided not to work, this would be a potential loss
>of more than $60,000 in supply's and shipping that we have sent
>out to people that don't want to work
>
>We have instituted this policy to make sure that you really want
>to work and at least finish your first package.
>
>To Get Started Today Please Enclose Your Registration Fee of $35
>Check,Cash Or Money Order and fill out the application below and
>mail to:
>
>AHWA CO
>425 S Fairfax Blvd., STE 306
>Los Angeles, CA 90036

Another scam. And an old, old one. It would not surprise me if the
advertising for the envelopes was a pitch for more envelope stuffers, which
has been done before.

If it were as simple as these people insist, then they would have no
problems in finding envelope stuffers. _No_ legitimate company (although
this may be legal) requires payment up front for an unseen product or for
_that company's_ advertising material. This is what one is, in effect
_purchasing_ when the $35.00 is sent in. Registration fee, my ass. Stuff
and label 100 envelopes to some of these "company's" "requirements", if you
can, and see how long it takes you to earn that .25 cents per.

Make no mistake: you go with these people and you are agreeing to and
entering a _contract_ with them. They wrote the contract and you play by
their rules.

Just my opinion, mind you ...

Rand