water bugs

From: chris moody (zpyder@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 22 1999 - 03:58:01 PDT

Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 03:58:01 PDT
From: "chris moody" <zpyder@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: water bugs

hi.
i use wtare from my water butt. i leave my water standing in a tray for
quite a while before a change it. whenever i check though, there are these
little bugs swimming around. they're round, small(about 2-3 millimetres) and
a yellowy brown colour.
i was wondering if you can put these in pitcher plants and such and such to
get fed off by the enzymes, or would they just carry on swimming around? has
anyone else noticed these or tried feeding them to cp's?

regards
chris.m.