Re: Moss peat substitutes

From: Dave Evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 20:31:00 PDT

Date:    Wed, 19 May 99 23:31 EDT
From: Dave Evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Moss peat substitutes

Dear List,

   I feel CP growers are the only people who should be using
peatmoss. Most gardeners use peatmoss as a soil conditioner.
However, compost from grass clipping and other garder leavings,
is just as good a soil conditioner for gardens. CP growers use
peatmoss (and we make-up only a small percentage of the peatmoss
market) because nothing else works for so many species. People,
use Coir in your gardens, save the peatmoss for your CP's.

Dave Evans