Another Ceph question

From: tierney wayne (hybrid_t@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 00:05:16 PDT

Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 00:05:16 PDT
From: "tierney wayne" <hybrid_t@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Another Ceph question

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping someone good with Cephalotus can help me... I have a nice
specimen, about 5-6 years old but only about 4 inches in diameter. My
problem is that it is actively growing right now, looks good, new pitchers,
etc., and I'd be hesitant to transplant it at this time, but it's in a very
shallow cramped pot. The pot dries out frequently if I don't get to it for a
day or two, and I'm sure there's insufficient room for the roots. How risky
would it be to repot it right now? If I shouldn't do it now, then when would
be the best time? And finally, there was a tantalizing bit in a post a few
days ago about someone's "One-a-Day" for Cephs... would anyone care to
reveal a successful fertilizing strategy?
Thanks so much,
Tierney

P.S. A cool story: I had given a Ceph to a friend, who disregarded my advice
and watered it with tap water, and last summer, after struggling for many
years, it disappeared. About a week ago I was inspecting the pot with a hand
lens (The pot was never disturbed since there were some other small CP in
it)and sure 'nuff there was a minute Ceph pitcher, about 2mm, hidden in the
moss!!
Ok, well, life's simple pleasures, you know... ;-)