Tom Hayes-nepenthes.

From: Marc I. Burack (mb.cfg@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 05:36:03 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 08:36:03 -0400
From: "Marc I. Burack" <mb.cfg@mindspring.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Tom Hayes-nepenthes.

I have not have an opportunity to comment on a recent posting from Tom Hayes.

A week or so ago, Tom posted a note regarding his bringing in Nepenthes
plants from overseas, and he made them available to any interested party on
the listserv for rock bottom prices.

I think we should take our hats off to people like Tom, who are constantly
trying to bring "exotic" and "hard to acquire" cp's into domestic (US)
cultivation.

Hopefully, the US domestication of some of these "newly" cultivated species
will bring on a flurry of new and interesting hybrids (in coming years)
that do not yet exist.

Keep up the good work!

Marc I. Burack
marcb@companionfinancial.com