Re: Airpump noise

From: Mark T. Bachelor (bachelor@gateway.mggs.vic.edu.au)
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 16:25:18 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:25:18 +1000
From: "Mark T. Bachelor" <bachelor@gateway.mggs.vic.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Airpump noise

>>I think an air stone is a good idea. Almost tried it, but my air pumps
>were
>too loud and I couldn't find a hose that was a good length! Maybe some
>day...
>

>I found if you wrap it losely with paper it won't make near as much
>noise. Mainly because it cant transmit the vibration through what it is
>sitting on.

Better still buy a new RENA pump. They are relatively expensive but the
sound of the pump is drowned out by the faint sound of bursting bubbles.
Even the largest double pump in the new range is surprisingly quiet.

Regards

Mark T Bachelor
Biology Technican
Melbourne Girls Grammar School Voice: +61 (03) 9866 1676
South Yarra, Victoria, Fax: +61 (O3) 9866 5768
Australia 3141

National Science Week, STAV Family Day Co-ordinator
Lab Techs' Branch of STAV, South Yarra & Moorabbin Regional Rep.