Genlisea pollination help please

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 11:42:00 PDT

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:42:00 PDT
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Genlisea pollination help please

Hi folks.

I've currently got both Genlisea violacea "Giant" and G.uncinata
putting up flower scapes and was wondering if someone could please
tell me how to go about self-pollinating (or cross pollinating)
them. Would cross-pollination be a waste of time?

Regarding uncinata, I thought my plants (grown from seed planted less
than a year ago) were growing slowly because theyre so small; I guess
I didn't realize theyre supposed to stay small.

I started both of the above and G.aurea from seed with no special
treatment but a friend just told me Genlisea seed normally needs
Giberellic (sp?) acid. Any opinions on this? I just got seed of a
couple more species and since the quantities are very limited, Id
like to have a good shot at some positive results. :)

Thanks in advance!

Matt
NYC