RE: CP Flowers

From: Capestany (dr.cap@erols.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 19:54:04 PDT

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 19:54:04 -0700
From: "Capestany" <dr.cap@erols.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: CP Flowers

Wow, thanks for all the responses guys! I guess I will let the Sarr. flowers
live since it seems to be popular opinion that it's not worth the extra
pitcher or two on a plant to cut those seed-bearing babies down. I've read
quite a bit about pollination, but this is going to be the first time I'll
have the chance to actually do it myself (I am not about to let the bees
make some weird messed-up hybrids). Oh well, off I go to see the flower
stalks grow!

Paul Capestany
Virginia, USA

P.S. For those who are going to the NCCPS meeting on May 8th, I will bring
some of my Neps which are starting to take up a lot of space for trade or
whatever... (some nice ones like N. spathulata, fusca, etc...) see you
there!
***hint hint*** I'd be REALLY interested in seeing some Heliamphora for
once, I'd love to start growing some of those (no hybrids though please, I'm
a purist!).