Re: Quick Earth Science Lesson

From: Dave Evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 16:31:00 PDT

Date:    Fri, 09 Apr 99 19:31 EDT
From: Dave Evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Quick Earth Science Lesson

Dear Ted,

> silicate (quartz, feldspar, etc.) and safe, but just as often it is marble,
> which is a carbonate (mostly calcite), and will be quite poisonous to CPs.

   Thank-you for such a great letter! I was really impressed with all
that info. I have to say, though, some CP's really do like carbonate.
Pinguicula, and sometimes, Drosera and Sarracenia quite well in basic
soils. I do not understand how it's possible with two latter genus,
but it is.
  Also, my friend, Tom Hayes, used marble (quite a bit, infact)
is a terrarium filled with many types of CP, most of which are
of the acid loving sort...

Dave Evans