Re: CP Flowers

From: Michael Hunt (mph101@surfree.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 04:41:41 PDT

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 07:41:41 -0400
From: "Michael Hunt" <mph101@surfree.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP Flowers

Hi,

I fully agree most Sarracenia flowers are wonderful, but if the plant is a
recent transplant I would snip them off as they break the crown. As already
stated its far better to get the plant up to speed and then watch the blooms
next season. Let the plant put energy into recovery from transplant shock,
putting out roots, just general re-establishment to its new micro habitat.
You'll get a more vigorous plant thats able to fend disease and pest. As
well maybe another pitcher or two.
Myself, any Sarracenia planted last summer gets the bloom snipped during
this spring.
Take care,
~Mike