Nepenthes

From: gfroese1 (gfroese1@MINET.gov.MB.CA)
Date: Sun Apr 04 1999 - 04:09:51 PDT

Date: Sun, 4 Apr 99 11:09:51 -0000
From: gfroese1 <gfroese1@MINET.gov.MB.CA>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes

Hello, I have a beautifully growing Nepenthes plant right now I purchased
last fall at a local nusery. I have yet to identify it. It has traps
about 2-3 inches tall. The only problem I have right now is the fact
that little tiny insects have appeared to inhabit the soil and
surrounding areas. I don't know what kind they are. They are black to
silver and only a couple mm long and can jump relatively far compared to
their size. Any ideas? They tend to eat or thrive on dead plant
material, but will they start attacking my Nepenthes plant?

Mike
gfroese1@mbnet.mb.ca