RE: Red marks on Nepenthes leaves

From: Tom Massey (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 06:54:48 PST

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:54:48 -0500
From: Tom Massey <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Red marks on Nepenthes leaves

Mike:

I know that some Neps do react to cool weather by producing spots like you
described. But if it is cool enough to produce spots its usually not too
far from the temps necessary to cause curling and browning of the newest
tender growth. If you have your plants outside in St. Pete, you could
easily get temps low enough for the spotting.

Tom in Fl.