Sarracenia alata

From: JDPDX@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 07:45:34 PST

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:45:34 EST
From: JDPDX@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia alata

I was out doing lots of divisions on my plants this week and a question came
to mind about a clone of S. alata I've had for many years.

This plant is quite different from others in it has very straight and narrow
tubes, has an unusually stiff leaf, and is exceptionally tall (36"), often
towering above the flava's and other plants. It also forms very large
rhizomes, tends not to die back during the winter. The flowers are the normal
pale color.

Anyone have plants like this one, or have any insights to it's origins?

Jeff Dallas
Portland, OR