Intro and questions

From: Kenneth Quinn (mosasaur@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Mar 20 1999 - 08:12:18 PST

Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 10:12:18 -0600
From: "Kenneth Quinn" <mosasaur@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Intro and questions

Hi, I am Kenneth Quinn, in New Orleans. I was on the list briefly about
two years ago and am again starting an effort to grow CPs. I also grow
bromeliads and succulents and in particular enjoy growing them from seed.

Can anyone recommend places to mail order cPs. especially seeds?
Conversely, can you tell me places to avoid? Pease reply to me offlist.

At present I have two sundews, two Nepenthes hybrids, a Pinguicula and a
VFT. These are in two terrariums.

Although New Orleans is adjacent to prime habitat for CPs, they do not come
south of Lake Pontchartrain and thus are not found in the immediate
environs of the city. The soil here may be too rich for them. An
exception is Utriculata; at least one species is abundant in the waters of
City Park.

Kenneth Quinn