To anyone who has D.indica in flower: question

From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes (fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 11:51:32 PST

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:51:32 PST
From: "Fernando Rivadavia Lopes" <fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: To anyone who has D.indica in flower: question

To all,

        I have noticed in Allen Lowrie's recently published volume 3
that his drawings of D.indica flowers show five styles, istead of three
divided at the base as was previously believed. This may seem trivial to
most of you, but it is a fundamental taxonomic and phylogenetic
question.

        So I would like to ask any and all of you out there who are
cultivating D.indica forms to PLEASE check the flowers on your plants
when these open, or even old pictures you may have of D.indica flowers.

        Please tell me if you see five styles with no divisions, or if
you see three styles divided at the base (looking like six). I would
really appreciate the help!!!

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil