Drosera hybrid

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 07:28:34 PST

Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:28:34 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera hybrid

Jay L was looking at D. brevifolia from Hampstead (I forget the source) and
said that he thought it was a hybrid between brevifolia and capillaris
because (1) two inflorescences arose from the same plant, (2) the
inflorescences were much taller than expected for brevifolia.

To add a little more to the description, the plants are large for
brevifolia, the inflorescence has dew along the entire length of the
inflorescence, and the plant has more of a petiole than I would expect for
brevifolia. I could take measurements if that would help.

Does anyone know whether or not the hybrid for capillaris x brevifolia would
have dew? Are there other characteristics I could look for that would help
in determining whether or not it's brevifolia or a hybrid? Remember, I'm
taxonomically challenged.

David
Atlanta