RE: Ping moranensis

From: Kelley, Ian (IKelley@littler.com)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 09:47:17 PST

Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:47:17 -0800
From: "Kelley, Ian" <IKelley@littler.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Ping moranensis

YES! I purchased the same plant from CC in spring of '98 in a 2" pot.
The leaves were overflowing the edges, and I plan to repot this month -
mine is doing the exact same thing, the large, floppy leaves are dying
off, leaving a tight bud with what looks like 40 small leaflets. I
couldn't tell if this was succulent dormancy or a burst of fresh growth,
since I'd read of but never seen the succulent phenomenon. I keep this
plant indoors year round, so any dormancy would likely be brought on by
photoperiod rather than temperature - at any rate, I'm leaving mine in
the water to see what will happen, although I'll take it out at first
sign of distress.

I sure don't know why this happens, I am a babe in the Ping woods. Let
me know what happens with yours, I'm repotting mine in a couple of
weeks....

- Ian Kelley
rainy, rainy San Francisco