Ping moranensis

From: Scott Mcphee (hyphae@email.msn.com)
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 19:19:01 PST

Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 19:19:01 -0800
From: "Scott Mcphee" <hyphae@email.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Ping moranensis

Greetings folks,

I am having something interesting happen with my Ping. moranensis 'G'. I
purchsed one from Cal Carnivores in August of 97. Last year the dormancy
consisted of a modest reduction in leaf size and lack of glands. This year,
the plant is forming tight winter succulent rosettes. I have taken it out of
the water now to prevent rot.

I do not think that the cause of dormancy in this case is the enviornment in
which the plant is located because I propagated it last year and now have
four other plants that have not behaved this way, and all the moranensis are
located next to each other.

I am thinking that it has to do more with the fact that it is now a six
growth plant in the two inch pot. Any one else have this happen? Any
thoughts on this??

Regards,

Scott Mcphee in rainy N. California