RE: Toetmoelk

From: Haakan Murevaern (murevarn@algonet.se)
Date: Sat Jan 30 1999 - 14:42:24 PST

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:42:24 +0100
From: "Haakan Murevaern" <murevarn@algonet.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Toetmoelk

Hello Jure and list,

>I'd like to know where, when and by who Toetmoelk or Ta"tmio"lk or
Filmjo"lk
>was/is produced. There are tree different names probably from tree nations?
>What is the procedure to do it.

Hakan here in Sweden. The following text you find in the "Swedish flora" by
Linn\351:

If you put fresh (not yet cooled) milk from the cow onto fresh leaves of
Tatort (Pinguicula) and leave it for a couple of days you will get the
taetmjolk made in northern
Sweden.

The "a" and "o" in Tatort should have two dots over them and sonds something
like "ae" and "oe".
I have never tested to make it like that. This is a sourmilk called Tatmjolk
(also with dot over a and o). It has a special dense (= Taet) consitency.
>From this I suppose the swedish popular name of the plant Tatort
(dense-herb) comes.
The milk is made today with a special bacterial culture and without the
plant. I like the taste of it.

Filmjoelk is the more common form of sourmilk.

Best Regards

Haakan Murevaern
See my Carnivorous Plants at
http://www.algonet.se/~murevarn