Darlingtonia Mixes 1-3 inc.

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 10 1999 - 12:49:27 PST

Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:49:27 EST
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Darlingtonia Mixes 1-3 inc.

Dear all,

I was lucky enough to obtain Mixes 1,2 & 3 of the Darlingtonia seed , offered
through the ICPS (although I received mine from the UK CPS) earlier in 98.
All of the seed germinated(after getting a good soaking in GA) and the
seedlings continue to grow.

I was under the impression that mix 1 was of the pale /yellow flowered form of
Darlingtonia and, obviously, as they are still only seedlings I cannot test
this yet :)

However what I have noticed from all three mixes is the actual colour of the
new growth of the seedlings.
Mix 1 seems to be all pale green or yellow
Mix 2 seems to have a mix of the above with some plants having red growth
Mix 3 has all red growth.

Do I take it that the pale form of Darlingtonia also refers to the colour of
the traps as well as the flowers?

Apologies if this has already been discussed on the list, but if not has
anyone else noticed this?

John 'still looking for the white flowered P.grandiflora' Wilden
Southport
 Lancs
  UK