VFT and dormancy

From: Cameron & Gyorgyi Sutt (thesutts@sound.net)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 23:22:09 PST

Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:22:09 -0800
From: Cameron & Gyorgyi Sutt <thesutts@sound.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT and dormancy

        I grow a pot of VFTs out on my porch and last winter I put them in my
garage where the temps got around 40F (4C). However, I've lost my nice
garage and have no cool place to winter them. I live in Kansas City,
Missouri which is in Zone 5/6. Sometimes we get cold spells where the
temps stay below zero F for several days. I'm afraid this will kill my
VFTs. If I bring them in during the cold spells, I'm afraid they'll start
coming out of dormancy. Will a couple of days in 70 degrees wake them up,
or will I be able to set them back out as soon as the temps got back into
the thirties? Any information would be appreciated.

Cameron Sutt
KCMO