beyond bizzare.

From: Marc I. Burack (marcb@companionfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 10:44:20 PST

Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:44:20 -0500
From: "Marc I. Burack" <marcb@companionfinancial.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: beyond bizzare.

To all,

This question goes out to the avid Nep grower.

I recently received a cutting from a friend. The cutting was some unknown
Nep hybrid, but he said that it produced a very interesting trap.

Thinking nothing much about it I potted it up and put it next to my other
Nepenthes plants.

First of all- (a) - when I received the plant it was producing "uppers"
(because it had 2 uppers on it when I got it)........now it is producing
lowers--above the uppers!.....?? Any comments?

(b) - This is the truly weird part.....On the tendril of the new pitcher
and ONLY the tendril....there is sort of a "hole" (for lack of a better
term) every 1/2 inch or so and on both sides. Out of each hole is what
appears to be a perfect "droplet" of "fluid". (All clearly visable). I do
not know if this is some kind of nectar baiting system, but if it is, I
have never seen such a thing on any of the many other Neps I grow.?????

Any comments or answers would be greatly appreciated.

Marc I. Burack
marcb@companionfinancial.com