unlurking with aphids

From: Karen E Cooper (kecooper@tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 19:25:55 PST

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:25:55 -0600 (CST)
From: Karen E Cooper <kecooper@tc.umn.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: unlurking with aphids

Hi all,

I was a lurker here in the spring, right after I got my VFTs. I unsubed
from this list during the heavy gardening season, but now I am back. And
I am looking for advice for I suddenly discover that my VFTs have aphids.

They were doing so well, really! Blooms and all. What do I do to kill
the blasted little sap-suckers? I have in the house these products:
i-Bomb insecticide, Schultz Houseplants and Gardens Insect Spray, and
Safer brand Houseplant Insect Killer. Are any of these going to do the
job without killing the VFTs? (I'm loathe to experiment because I once
killed several New Guinea impatiens that were infested with spider mites
-- Safer is the stuff that did they in.

Thanks, braintrust!

Karen. [yes, I am absolutely positive that they are aphids]