RE: reintroduction

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 16:37:00 PST

Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:37:00 -0500
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: reintroduction

> I have moved to the sunny coast of South Carolina
> with my plant collection and conditions are so
> different from Virginia I just hope they all survive.
> I grow Sarracenias, Nepenthes, Heliamphora,
> Drosera, Pings, and Cephs. Any tips on growing in a
> hot climate would be appreciated. Also, any growers
> on the list located in the Myrtle Beach area??

Hi Angie,
Your Sarracenias should love it in Myrtle Beach. You are in the natural
range of most of the Sarracenia species. You are also in the natural range
of Dionaea -- few people in the world can say that! It may take your
Sarracenia (and you!) a little adjusting to get used to the heat depending
on where you came from in VA. You may want to put your plants in a location
where they get shaded during the hottest part of the day. I keep my
Sarracenias and Dionaea alive here in warm & sunny Durham, NC without going
to any unusual trouble. I leave them outside year-round and collect
rainwater in buckets to supplement rainfall in dry times.

Welcome to the list
Philip
URL du Jour:
http://www.umds.ac.uk/physiology/daveb/brainday/colourblindness/cblind.htm