Re:Lisa'a Nepenthes

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 08:06:57 PST

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 11:06:57 -0500
From: "Richard Brown" <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Lisa'a Nepenthes

>I have never seen Neps sold this way in a
>garden center. The plants were huge! Any suggestions or comments regarding
>growing conditions, ease of growing, does anyone think that the plants may be
>mislabeled, etc.

Hi Lisa,

Without seeing the plant, you have perfectly described N. Coccinea"DeRoose",
which is not a true N Coccinea, but a tissue cultured clone. They are being
sold in garden centers because they are being mass produced and wholesaled
across the USA. It is an easy grower under lowland conditions, and produces
large heavily spotted pitchers.

Until later,

Trent Meeks (bumming time on Richard Brown's computer)
Pompano Beach, Florida