Hello!

From: LCCNTRYROX@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 03 1998 - 15:21:46 PST

Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:21:46 EST
From: LCCNTRYROX@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Hello!

I've been "lurking" for quite a while now, and I just wanted to introduce
myself and say hello. My name is Lisa Chernela, and I was on this digest a few
years ago, but had to remove myself from the list due to e-mail changes and
unavailability. I'm happy to say that I'm back for good.

I live in New Jersey, and have been interested in carnivorous plants for many
years. I have always wished that there was a local CP club in New Jersey-
imagine the field trips to the Pine Barrens!

Today I was in a few different garden centers-in one center I saw baskets of
Nepenthes (I think coccinea, but I'm not 100% sure-I seem to remember that
this is what the tag said). The baskets were about 8-10" wide, absolutely
filled with plants over 10-12" high-no pitchers to be seen (only 1 or 2 dried
ones at the tips). The price was $25.99, with 20% off. I didn't buy one,
because I was unsure of the cultural requirements for this particular Nep.
However, I may go back and buy one. I have never seen Neps sold this way in a
garden center. The plants were huge! Any suggestions or comments regarding
growing conditions, ease of growing, does anyone think that the plants may be
mislabeled, etc.?

I have enjoyed everyone's postings, and am learning a great deal. I love the
book "The Savage Garden"; a wealth of information presented in a wonderful
format-I read it almost daily!

Lisa