plant hardiness zones

From: Chad Christensen (chrst@srv.net)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 13:15:41 PDT

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:15:41 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chad Christensen <chrst@srv.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: plant hardiness zones

Below, are WWW pages that may help people in the USA know their zones.
Hopefully, this information will help some cp growers with their
 plants, outside.
My apologies to those without WWW access.

http://www.ars-grin.gov/ars/Beltsville/na/hardines.html
1990 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map
comments: counties are dimly outlined; the colors of the minaturized
 temperature index doesn't appear to match the map colors; the large
 temp index below the map includes zone 11 and has better matching
 colors; issued January 1990

http://www.pathfinder.com/vg/timelife/zonefinder/locatezone.html
Locate Your Zone by Zip Code
comments: it was simple; I'm not sure I trust it; only type the first
 5 digits of your zip code

http://www.gardenpages.com/hardiness.html
Plant Hardiness Zones... and frost-free seasons
comments: no pictures; does have some helpful information

http://www.jcsolutions.com/jcsgrower/heatzone.htm
Plant Heat Zone Map
comments: no pictures; information about a new heat zone map