RE: red splotches.

From: Tom Massey (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 07:23:45 PDT

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:23:45 -0400
From: Tom Massey <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: red splotches.

FWIW Department: The only Nep of mine showing this condition is a N.
mirabilis that was left out all winter. (During cold weather I covered it
with a blanket.) This spring lots of the leaves were speckled, and in many
cases the new growth continued to have the same appearance. As the summer
progressed most of the vines lost the blotches.

Otehrwise, I have heard some comments about a fungus that tends to show up
as red spots on the leaves. It would be good to hear about others'
experiences.

Tom in Fl. (Tampa)